Federal Road Agency profile
Federal Road Agency of the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation (Rosavtodor) administers federal public motorways.
As of 2015, Rosavtodor administers over 48,000 km of federal roads, over 5600 bridges and road interchanges, 30 car tunnels, 223 crosswalks in different levels.
The agency has the following key priorities: duplication of construction volume of federal motorways by 2022 comparing to the previous decade, implementing public and private partnership projects, achieving the normative status of all federal highways by 2019, implementing the measures aimed at improving the traffic safety.
Facts about Rosavtodor
Federal Road Agency (Rosavtodor) is responsible for construction, renovating, repair and maintenance of the whole network of the federal motorways at the territory of Russia, excluding toll roads M-1 “Belarus”, M-3 “Ukraina”, M-4 “Don”, M-11 “Moscow-St.Petersburg”, CKAD and other toll sections of the federal motorways. Regional, municipal and city roads are also beyond the Rosavtodor area of responsibility.
- The length of the federal intercity roads is over 50,800 km, with 48,100 km assigned to the Federal Road Agency, and 2,700 km to “Avtodor” State Company. The FRA also manages 5,646 bridges and road interchanges, 30 car tunnels, 223 crosswalks at the different levels.
- 34 Federal State Agencies (FSA), which are subordinate to the Federal Road Agency, administer the federal roads in different subjects of the Russian Federation. Full list of the agencies subordinate to Rosavtodor.
- In 2014, the Federal Road Agency (Rosavtodor) of the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation celebrated its 10th anniversary in accordance with the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation dated 9 March 2004 No. 314 “About the system and structure of the federal bodies of executive power”.
Taking the motorways into federal ownership
- In 2013, the number of motorways taken into the federal network significantly increased: 753 km were taken in total, with 255.5 km of motorways, which lost its federal importance, handed over to another level of public ownership. Thus, the increment of the federal motorways network length is almost 500 km, without considering the newly constructed objects.
- In 2014, Rosavtodor intends to initiate taking 1,478 km into the federal network and handing over 320 km to another level of public ownership. Thus, the expected increment of the federal motorways network length is 1,158 km.
Rosavtodor Situation Room
- Rosavtodor Situation Room processes over 50 different reports on the situation at the federal roads every day. Daily briefings are held jointly with Ministry for Emergency Situations of Russia, Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia (Road Traffic Police). Under normal operation, they are held daily at 06:00 AM, and in critical situations – every 4 hours.
- On average, the Rosavtodor Situation Room processes around 100 requests daily. In case of emergencies or other critical situations on roads, the number of requests to the Rosavtodor Situation Room increases twice or even more.
Photo of the Head of the Federal Road Agency (Please feel free to use these photo for publication in your media; no other approval from Rosavtodor press-service is required)